Bringing nature to your home
Cork is an amazingly versatile material and, when combined with Nike Grind EVA foam, delivers great benefits in all flooring installations. This huge range of attributes fulfills the needs of the final floor, whatever they may be.
Floor underlayment with Nike Grind EVA foam and cork by Amorim
Amorim underlayment made with Nike Grind provides long-term performance. Cork’s resilience offers the ability to support loads without breaking the cells and keeps the initial thickness, thereby maintaining performance during the entire lifetime of the building. On the other hand, cork has a good compensating ability for uneven surfaces, absorbing the imperfections of subfloors and avoiding a telegraphy effect on final floors.
Product Main Features
• 2 in 1 solution: pre-attached vapour barrier for moisture protection
• Produced from recycled and natural materials
• Contains inert and non-toxic EVA foam recycled from Nike’s footwear manufacturing scraps
• Does not absorb or hold water like fabric-based underlayment
• Contains no tire derived rubber, no VOC’s and no rubber tire smell
• Anti-slip underlayment with long-term physical properties and excellent load absorption capacity
Amorim underlayment delivers great benefits in all flooring installations
When applied under a floor, an underlayment provides more comfort, protection, and longevity to the final floor, guaranteeing even greater energy efficiency and acoustic insulation.
Reduction of structure-borne noise transmission.
Reduces noise emissions generated inside the room when walking on the floor.
Raises floor temperature and ensures underfoot comfort.
Suitable for underfloor heating or cooling.
Leveling out of localized uneven areas.
Enables the floor to sustain heavy loads – e.g. furniture.
Absorbs extreme short-duration loads – e.g. when objects are dropped.
Withstands repeated short-duration loads without changing the flooring’s long-term properties.